Standards New Zealand has released helpful question and answers about the new Standard NZS8510.
They answer these questions
- What is the purpose of the Standard?
- What does the Standard include?
- Who developed the Standard?
- How was the Standard developed?
- Why was the Standard necessary?
- Who will use the Standard?
- What does the Standard say about clean-up levels?
- Do these clean-up levels apply to vehicles as well?
- Is the Standard legally enforceable?
- How was the development of the Standard funded?
- Is there a cost for the Standard?
- When does the Standard come into effect?
- Is there a lead-in time for both testing and decontamination operators to adjust to the requirements of NZS 8510?
- Where do I get more information about validation of screening test methods?
- Is a garage or shed regarded as a ‘limited-use area’ that only needs to be decontaminated to a level of 3.8µg/100cm2?
- What products can be used to clean a methamphetamine-contaminated property?